"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Happy Saturday!

This morning I willing got out of bed when Mitch got up for work...what's wrong with me? I have lots of fun stuff to do today, though, and I was kind of itching to get moving. There's the standard stuff like laundry, straightening up the apartment and packing for next week - and by the way, next week will be my last week of travel! But then I also get to go shopping for groceries and hopefully a pair of hot brown boots. My brown shoes are dying and I can't wear them with skirts, anyway. And I think I'll need to get a skirt, too, to go with my new boots. Sometimes I really like shopping.

Tonight we're having a bunch of climbers over, so I have lots of food to make. A family in the Traverse area sent me back with a ton of apples and even though I took them to the office to share, I came home with enough to fill the fruit drawer in our fridge. Needless to say, dessert tonight will be some sort of apple dish.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Apple crisp and apple pie are both crowd pleasers! Thanks for commenting on my blog and it was wonderful to see you and Mitch at homecoming! I hope I get to see you guys sometime in the near future. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I also recommend baked apples--the perfect fall dessert, warm cinnamon & apple goodness. Though that would probably only use up 2 of them, so a pie might be better.

~CH