It was so nice to have a day off yesterday. I wrapped Mitch's presents and finished the photo album for his grandpa, made a pumpkin roll for Christmas Day dessert and was ready to meet Santa when he came by early to fill our stockings. (We decided it would be fun to do stockings for each other before we left our apartment for the holidays.) I also caught an old episode of Trading Spaces where one of the designers covered the walls and ceiling of a room with cardboard. Ugh. I'd be pissed.
When Mitch got home from work, we did opened our stockings and headed down to Matt's for a fancy seafood dinner with him and Becky. Mmm mmm, crab and shrimp! We played a little poker, did a little smoochin' under the mistletoe and planned for their New Years Eve bash.
Mitch is working this morning so I've spent my time getting everything packed up and ready to go. The presents are all loaded up and the apartment is clean, but I still need to get together some clothes for the weekend. It's going to be so crazy for the next few days...Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family, opening presents on Christmas morning with my parents and brother, Christmas brunch-thing with Mitch's family in Carson City and Christmas dinner/festivities with my mom's side of the family that evening. We're fortunate to be able to spend so much time with so many different members of our families...I just wish there wasn't three hours of drive time in there! After Christmas, though, we get to relax for at least a day, and then things are pretty up in the air and kind of dependant on Mr. Bruce Lack, so if you're reading this, Bruce, call me!
With all the activity, I probably won't post tomorrow, so I'll wish you all a very Merry Christmas right now. God bless you and your families!
No comments:
Post a Comment