"Old man, get back in your truck before I break your hip."
-My brother, to a dude road-ragin' at him near Grand Rapids
This weekend was the first one in a long time that Mitch and I had no real plans. I asked Adrienne if she and Kyle (her boyfriend) wanted to meet up in Lansing on Saturday, but I got no real response so obviously that didn't happen. Am I allowed to feel miffed that she'll drive down to Southern Indiana to see our other close friend from high school but hasn't been up to see me since before we moved?
Everything worked out great, though. Jerry came down from Tech to hang out with Gabe and Andrea, so we ended up going over there Friday evening and then having all of them over for turkey dinner on Saturday evening. I even think my first attempt at cooking a real turkey was semi-successful...the guys sure ate a lot! After dinner we went to see Narnia - really good movie. In general, it stuck pretty close to the book and the cinematography (did I spell that right?) was amazing. It made me want to go back and read the book again, even though I read it just a few months ago.
I also got all my Christmas presents wrapped on Saturday while Mitch snoozed on the couch and watched pieces of the first Lord of the Rings movie. On Sunday we went to church in the morning (for the first time, I felt like it was just an alright service) and spent the rest of the day at Mitch's parents' house. The kids were treating Mitch like a human jungle gym and he was so good with them. I think he's going to be a great Dad someday. Someday in the reasonably distant future, don't worry!
Now it's back to work, but only for four days this week. I didn't know 'til last Friday that I get the day off this Friday, and I'm pumped! I can make the dessert I'm taking to our family Christmas, wrap all Mitch's presents, buy some stocking stuffers, pack for the weekend...it's like getting an early present!
No comments:
Post a Comment