"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Swing Shift

Well, it's 6:30 pm and I'm in the office working a lovely thing called a swing shift. It's where we come in at 11 am and work until 8 pm, supposedly so we can call more students. I hate calling students. I already called everyone who was accepted yesterday and today. I followed up with a the few inquiries I couldn't take care of via email. I tried to get ahold of Micaela so I could pick up my new AC3 t-shirt. It's bright pink and says "I Kissed the Bar" on the front. The tagline under the back logo is "Taking Romance to New Heights Since 2001." One can never have too many climbing t-shirts.

Today was super busy. It seemed like as soon as I walked in the door, three people wanted something from me. Hmmm, maybe they're learning that I am indeed competent. I worked on our new church relations project all afternoon and covered a meeting with a student and her mom for a rep whose lunch break took a little too long. Oops! After running around like a chicken with my head cut off earlier, I'm now bored enough to write a blog entry that's not ever the slightest bit entertaining. Sorry, dedicated readers.

Half day off tomorrow...woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Taking romance to new heights." Climbers are so great. :)

"Swing shift"? Is that because you come out swinging an ax, Jack Nicholson-style, because you had to work until 8 p.m.? Those wily Alma administration types and their "scheduling."

-Ryan