"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter

It was easier than I thought, remembering this as Grandma's first Easter with Jesus rather than our first Easter without her.

We had a busy weekend between spending Friday night and Saturday morning in Lake City with Jon, Saturday afternoon with Mitch's family in Carson City, and Sunday with my family in South Lyon. I wish I could say the highlight of it all was Easter morning service, but I just about fell asleep and I had to wake both Bobby and Mitch up. The old church downtown is just not particularly inspiring (though the pancake breakfast was amazing). Still, we go for family.

In actuality, one of the highlights was a great mountain bike ride in Cadillac. We went 12-14 miles and since I always ride by myself - the boys are just too fast - I usually have a lot of time to think and appreciate the act of just being outside and (in my opinion) very close to God. Of course, I can meditate on this better if my lungs aren't burning as they often were on the two-mile uphill stretch, but even then I manage to do a little focusing on God, as in, "OK God, I need a bit more strength here. Just a little nudge, come on." Usually I get songs like "I Need Thee Every Hour" stuck in my head at that point, because boy do I need something!

Now I just have to get through the week, because it's almost vacation time! I check the weather in WV every day and while there looks to be some rain, I'm also pleased to report a little sun and, most importantly, NO SNOW.

I have a to-do list a mile long, so I better get hoppin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your vacation is going to be a lot of fun. You'll have to tell us all about it! : )

See you in a few weeks...

~CH

Anonymous said...

Hey Laurie! Glad you had a nice Easter! It was sooo good to catch up last week! I can't wait to see you so soon! Have a safe and FUN trip to WV!

Love, Jenn