"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Story

With Good Friday tomorrow, I thought this was an appropriate set of lyrics to post:

The Story
Written by Andrew Osenga for Caedmon's Call's newest CD

In some sweet ways it's simple,
Sometimes that's all that I need,
To trust someone else so I can get some sleep.
And all our heroes have deserted,
Said we were nothing on our own,
And now that's all I am.

Oh, can you tell me the story,
Of all of your glory,
Of your rising again?
'Cause I, I'm in love with the mystery,
Of how our sad history,
Can turn out for good.


And the bitter man is angry,
Angry man just thinks he's right,
Too right to see mercy,
When he's standing in its light.
We can shed tears over dying,
We can rage and we can fight
But we cannot forget that
we were loved before we opened up our eyes,

Such foolish pride.

It's a shame to build our homes,
With bricks of fear and cynical stones.
There is nothing left to run from,
There is nothing left but love.

Can you tell me the story?
Can you tell me the story?
I need to hear it again,
I need to hear it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said. :)

-Ryan