Changes may be in the air, folks. First, I took the plunge and submitted my application to the University of Michigan - Flint. I'm still completing my statement of purpose (Ryan, would you mind taking a peek? I'd ask you, too, Tim, but it sounds like you're up to your ears in your own work, and mine is much less intense.) and finalizing my resume, but everything else (transcripts, GMAT scores, recommendations) is out of my hands and in the works.
Also, a new opportunity at work may (stress, MAY) be presenting itself. An associate director who works solely with alumni and other external constituencies is leaving, and she came to me with the news that she was going to recommend me for her position. Now, this position was new last year and while I think it was very valuable, no one knows if they're going to fill it or parcel the responsibilities out. I think I'd really like it, but there are two things keeping me up at night: would I even get it and how would I be able to meld it with some of the things I'm already doing? Also, what would happen to my students? My recruiting territory is so vital and volatile that we can't afford to lose these kids in a shuffle - plus I'd feel like a failure if the goals weren't met in that area. I'm so far ahead of myself on this; I shouldn't even be trying to play something out in my head that only has about a 50-50 chance of actually happening, but it's been making it very hard to fall asleep at night. In any event, I'll post news as it comes.
2 comments:
Gimme gimme!! It'll make for a nice change from reading my own stuff over 'n' over...plus, the one thing I CAN do when little Mr. Man is acting cuddly is read, esp on the computer--no hands required!
When's the turn-around time?
Also, we'll be praying for you in re: your potential new possible maybe opportunity...I won't ask how it might fit in with your future plans, since we ain't wantin' to jinx this or anything...plus, didn't you just post something about being tired of having the illusion that you're in control? ;-)
Btw, my confirmation word is "Boszc." I think that's Serb for "Bozo," which is how I've been feeling recently. How apropos!
I just sent my edited copy back today--let me know if it's helpful!
Post a Comment