"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Productive Times

In the past week, I (or Mitch and I) have:

*Purchased a new car to replace the Fusion
*Scanned through 200+ real estate listings, identified some good ones, driven around to see them and recorded our impressions
*Written three briefs for Business Law
*Decided once and for all to apply to U of M Flint's MBA program, and handed out recommendation forms to my director and VP
*Been blessed with new bedroom furniture (it was my aunt's, but it's new to us!)
*Moved our possessions to a smaller storage unit, saving about $10 per month
*Bought a sundress for all the rehearsal dinners I'll be attending this summer
*Ordered beautiful wall shelves for our living room

What have I not been doing? Training like I should be. I have this whole series of things to do in preparation for mountain biking this spring, and I have this nice plan (it's even on my Outlook calendar!) to work out at lunch three days per week. But life happens, and sometimes it's hard to make working out a priority. But I'm trying and maybe, since I'm almost up to speed on my B-Law work, I'll be able to spend some time on the trainer tomorrow - after church, of course! I'm crazy-excited to be going in the morning!

As for tonight, I'm going to tuck in. Maybe a little nightcap and a movie are in order, or maybe I'll just curl up with Lance Armstrong's bio for motivation, cuddling my cat 'til I can't keep my eyes open any more. Either way, I'm calling today a success.

No comments: