This weekend was particularly nice. As usual, I spent a good chunk of Saturday doing homework. My final paper for O.B. is on the organizational culture and structure at Alma College, and my research involves interviewing some of the members of our executive staff. I have a good shell to work with now, based on speaking with my VP, but on Wednesday I'll get even more viewpoints from the Academic and Advancement sectors. Does the fact that I am REALLY looking forward to putting this together make me a super-nerd? Yes, probably...
Aside from homework, I also managed a stint on the trainer and was pleased to see that my average speed for an hour-long mountain bike workout is increasing. I was also surprised at how tired my legs were, even at the beginning. It seems our lunchtime workouts are becoming harder and harder as we push each other to do more. I will need to remember that, on race weeks, my leg work should probably be limited to some easy riding.
I'm not always very confident when I meet new people; in fact, I'm very self-conscious about whether they'll like me, so I don't always have the best, most relaxed time at first. But on Saturday night, we went to Jon's to drink some wine and had a fantastic time with him and two other couples, whom I had never met before (Mitch knew one of the guys). We stayed way later than we were supposed to, but we all agreed that Jon needed to have another get-together so we could all hang out.
And then there was the MMBA Expo on Sunday (which is why we were supposed to get home at a decent hour on Saturday night!). The best part was getting to see all the folks with whom we share our summer weekends and talking about the upcoming season. I think it made everyone anxious for the races to begin! We didn't even spend too much money: Mitch got a great deal on aerobars for his road bike and on a new pair of shoes, and I bought a gift for Adrienne.
Well, my little work break is over. I have lots of projects to catch up on over the next week, so I better get back at it. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment