"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yet another reason...

...to look forward to the upcoming race season: Mitch and I have been invited to join a small group of mid-Michigan riders on the new race team for On 2 Wheels, a bike shop in Jackson! We loved the camaraderie we developed with other riders during our first season and anticipate it will be even better as members of the team.

I'm definitely a bit apprehensive about my impending move to the sport category, but I think I've been building a good strength base this winter and am committed to more riding as soon as the snow clears. I hope to get my back all healed up within the next few weeks, too, having resigned myself to the idea that I might just need to take a little time off lifting. While I hate the thought of losing even a little of what I've worked so hard to gain, I'm comforted by the fact that this is a convenient time to back off a bit. Between trips for pleasure and work, I won't really be able to stay consistent anyway. But I'm hoping to take my bike on a business trip in a couple weeks and have already identified some places to ride, provided the weather is decent.

No comments: