On most days, I would not classify my typical road route as any sort of awesome, much less freaking. But in February, any time I (as one particularly opposed to winter riding due to my inability to manufacture my own body heat) get out on my bike, it is usually freaking awesome. So yesterday's ride, despite the headwind, was FREAKING awesome. And FURTHER, my typical road rides range somewhere from 12-17 miles, but I willingly rode 20 miles! This gives me hope that, when the weather really breaks and the sun stays awake until the late evening, I WILL be able to ride my lovely little Scott home from the office. She is excited already.
Let me share something else riding-related, while I'm on the subject: I had my first real racing dream a few weeks ago. Now, it was pretty weird because there was a climbing wall in the middle of the course. Think about the big starting hill at Pando. Now make it super steep but pretty short. Now add both a climbing wall and a chairlift. In my dream, you dismounted your bike at the chairlift and some nice volunteer took it up the hill for you. In the meantime, you scaled the climbing wall (maybe 25-30 feet with NO ROPE) and topped it out, then got back on your bike and continued the race. In my dream, I was also racing with one of my friends who rides in real life but doesn't race. She broke her bike and our "resuce crew" assumed I would not be finishing the race, either, and dismantled my bike. I was TICKED and made them put it back together, but then I couldn't find my shoes. Thinking I would get reprimanded for not having my shoes, I grabbed my slip-on Teva fli-flops and quickly pedaled away into the darkness (because we had been on the trail FOREVER). Sometime shortly thereafter, Chip's efforts to expel a hairball woke me up.
By the way, can you tell I'm making up for the fact that I haven't really blogged much over the past few weeks? Grad school has been kicking my behind, but I'm now in the home stretch of this term. Just over one more year and I'll have my MBA! And no, depsite his fantasies, I will probably NOT be landing a big, fancy job and providing Mitch with the means to pursue life as a professional mountain bike racer (or even as a bike bum). Sorry, honey. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment