"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, September 14, 2009

All Moved In!

That's right, folks: we successfully moved into our new home on Saturday! No furniture was dropped, no precious china shattered, no feline flattened (probably because he was at my parents' for the weekend). We are now smack-dab in the middle of unpacking, so there are unattractive cardboard boxes everywhere. However, as soon as I feel the place looks decent, I'll post some new photos!

Let me tell you, though: it's wonderful. There's so much space! Our kitchen is gloriously organized in the kitchen, not spilling over into the laundry room. The neglected bikes live in the garage, not the bathroom. We have clothes in the closet, not ski boots and ice skates and rollerblades. Glorious!

The strangest thing, though, is getting used to the idea that we're staying here. I've been regularly packing up my life and moving from place to place for almost ten years, between college and our various apartments. Every time I would unpack, the idea that I would be packing back up again crossed my mind. We didn't arrange tools on shelves; we left them in cardboard boxes. I saved packing materials. I got used to living without a sense of permanence.

And now, it's permanent. Wow.

1 comment:

Jake said...

How exciting just don't neglect those bikes to long :)