"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Caffeine, yikes!

So this morning I had to be on the road by 6 am to make it to Roscommon High School for a visit at 8 am. I thought a travel mug full of coffee would make the drive more bearable - it's about an hour and a half - but it actually made my day seem like one giant stimulant trip.

(I never drink coffee. It makes me very jittery, yet still I forget and think drinking some woul dbe oh-so-nice.)

I stopped to pee after an hour on the road. Seriously. And it was an aching bladder, oh-my-gosh-I-have-to-go situation. Half an hour later I'm at the high school, peeing again. Then I'm all shaky by the time I leave, an hour later. I eat an apple, chug some water, and once I get off 127 in Mt. P, the seatbelt gets loosened because I HAVE TO GO AGAIN! Good God, y'all. Still shaky. Eat peanut butter. Doesn't help. Go to the office, work some, eat another apple. Doesn't help. Finish the day, get home, scarf homemade garlic bagel chips from Mom. Still dizzy. Mitch makes chicken for dinner. THAT helps. But I lost two pounds today and I'm pretty sure the coffee is the culprit. Not that I mind missing two pounds, but the shaky, dizzy, hyper feeling I'm still nursing was not worth it at all.

Tomorrow I'm back on the road for the next two days, visiting high schools on the east side of the state. Then it's Homecoming! Friends, football, climbing...how could it be any better?

No comments: