I'm home. I barely have a voice, and I need about a day to sleep, but I'm home. The trip went well...one word of advice, though: don't ever stay at the Days Inn in Petoskey. My list of complaints follows:
(1) Rude staff members, meaning I had to interrupt the two young ladies at the front desk because they insisted on continuing their conversation about their after-work plans instead of checking me in.
(2) Sketchy setup. I was told, since I'm a female traveling alone, to avoid hotels with exterior room doors, which this place had.
(3) Poor housekeeping. Nothing like finding strands of hair on the countertop as you are getting ready to brush your teeth, and noticing more on the bathroom floor the next morning.
(4) Nasty 24-hour buffet. The waffle-maker was so dirty that even not having food for over 12 hours isn't enough to get over it. And with fruit flies buzzing around the juice dispenser, I was not about to chance the bowl of bananas.
So, I spent one night instead of two there and shacked up at the cottage on Wednesday night. Adrienne came down from TC for the evening, so we went to dinner with the other admissions reps, chatted for awhile and crashed. Morning came way too early, but I had two great high school visits before I made my way home. I didn't get too lost at any point, thanks to my willingness to pull over and consult my map regularly.
No comments:
Post a Comment