Yesterday I drove with my coworkers, Brandan and Karen, all the way up to Iron Mountain for our first college fair of the "UP Swing." Our adventures along the way included me pulling over and refusing to go anywhere until Brandan put his seatbelt on (I finally convinced him by complaining about the possibility of his head slamming against the windshield and him getting blood all over my shirt) and me missing a turn on US 2 and ending up halfway to Menominee. Oops.
The college fair went well, and afterwards we ordered pizza and hung out with the rep from Albion. I'm kind of surprised at the lack of institutional rivalry out here.
Today we're heading up to Marquette for a fair around noon and then we have to come back down here for an evening fair in Escanaba. That's kind of a lot of driving, but not as much as yesterday, I suppose. I'll try to update at the next hotel, but I'm not sure if that will happen or not.
4 comments:
I know that turn you missed! I missed it too, last time I was going that way. They really need to mark it better. Hope you didn't go too far out of your way. Good luck in the UP!
GABE! I checked out your website, and the photos are great! Sorry I didn't get to talk to you more at the wedding... hope everything is going well & that you still play guitar.
~Charlotte
P.S. Laurie, your tie-dye shirt on Gabe's page looks awesome. : )
Isn't Coach Snook so cool?! Hehehe...way to go, being the safety enforcer and all that. You rock.
Glad the college fair was spiff. Oh...and what are you doing, updating at 6:30 am? Nutso. :-) Good luck bringing sharp new kiddies to Alma. We're relying on you to build our institution's reputation and thus our ability to get jobs in the future. NO PRESSURE! :-)
Stop by the Soo and say hi for me, please!! Hope the trip went well! Talk to you soon!
Love, Jenn :)
Post a Comment