"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Friday, September 30, 2005

Sorry, guys

I feel like my entries have been lame lately. Sorry about that, there just doesn't seem to be much time to be profound lately.

Here's some food for thought, though. When does "turning the other cheek" become being a pushover? When does holding your tongue stop being a virtue and start being cowardice?

1 comment:

PastSelf said...

Don't worry about a lack of profundity -- heck, the fact that you've even thought about making things deep sets you head, shoulders, trunk and waist over 90% of the blogosphere.

As to the question, well. The answer's "seventy times seven" -- right?

Oh, you mean PRACTICALLY? Hmmm...yeah, I dunno. I say that you can turn the other cheek until someone is going to be hurt, and then you are bound to speak up to either prevent the injury or mitigate it. If you are the person toward whom the invective is directed, you can just take it as long as you want before striking back...which for me would be sooner than later.