Mitch and I went climbing last night and I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't totally suck. After blowing off the start hold, I finished a challenging boulder route (possibly a V-2) and once I struggled my way through a 5.8 top rope route, I tackled a (supposed) 5.10 b (but it's probably just a 5.10) and made it just above the boulder line. There were three big moves in a row - well, big for me anyway, being short and all that - and after I cleared the overhang with a fun mantle-ish move, I didn't have any strength left to go farther. I'll work on it more tonight.
In preparation for the West Virginia trip (30 days and counting), we've committed to climbing as often as humanly possible and doing hangboard workouts whenever we can't be at the wall. I am insanely excited about this trip, especially because we will be self-sufficient enough to do our own thing if lazy people are taking too long in the morning. Our own food, our own rope, our own full set of draws...what more could we want? Well, there are a few people who won't make it that I wish would be there, or be there for longer in some cases. But next year I think I'll be trying to put together an alumni climbing trip, since we're getting so old and all. Plus, I can't have kids I recruited watching me skinny-dip, now can I?? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment