"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Grr.
Here I am, all excited about the book discussion on "Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?" over lunch today, when I suddenly get stuck doing a tour at 12:45 pm. I was the only one to volunteer, with the stipulation that if anyone else could do it, I'd rather not. No one else jumped in to offer their assistance - yet only two other people out of our entire rep staff has a valid appointment on their calendars - and one of them is in the same book discussion group as me but didn't even consider pitching in. I never mind helping out and willingly pick up the slack when needed, but at the same time, all I can think is, "Jerks."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Laurie!
Sorry I've been a horrible commenter lately! I'm still reading though! Just been really busy! Hope you're well! :)
Love, Jenn
PS I probably would have said "Jerks" in my head, too, hehehe
Next on Alma's book discussion list: Why Are All the Tour Kids Sitting Together with Laurie in the Cafeteria? A puzzling question for all the other admissions reps to answer.
They probably figured, "What does a Republican care about diversity, anyway?"
Jerks.
-Ryan
P.S. Your "word verification" box is asking me to type the letters "yahom," which sounds like an ancient Lenten blessing. Just thought I'd share.
definitely...JERKS
& thanks for the continued support on the Alt SBrk
PS--did you know that during Lent, Sundays are an exception--because the Lenten period is actually longer than 40 days. Sundays are 'excluded' from Lenten promises because Sundays should not count for anything--they should only be devoted to the Lord. I know that in your case, improving and increasing your conversations with God is different than a 'traditional'Lenten offering--but I thought that you might like to know that!
Post a Comment