I really don't know how my mom does it. She's the most selfless, amazing woman I know. She works all day as an operating room nurse, and when she comes home, she doesn't relax on the couch and pick up a book, like I tend to do: she makes a wholesome, homemade dinner. My dad often helps, especially with grilling, but she rarely asks him to help. She sees something that needs to be done and she does it. She puts everyone else's needs before her own. I look at the last piece of candy and my first instinct is to eat it myself, but hers is to offer it to someone else.
Is this from years of practice, or is she really closer to deserving her "St. Joan" nickname than any of us realize? Lately, I find myself asking, "What would Mom do?" Mom wouldn't ask her husband to go out in the cold and turn off the Christmas lights - she'd do it. She'd offer to make lunch, not just suggest it was time for lunch. She is the wife and mother I want to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment