"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Family Resemblance?

I thought I'd post some photos from Thanksgiving, and see what you guys think about the family resemblances!


For the McGrath side, here's Mom and Gramma...


...and me and Mom.


Now the Eccles side: Grandpa and Dad...


...and me and Dad.

I don't think I'll ever resemble my mom as much as she resembles my grandma...those Eccles genes are pretty strong. At my Grandma Eccles's funeral, an old friend came up to me, put her hands on my face, and said, "You look just like Linda!" Linda is my aunt on my dad's side, but I don't have any pictures of her because she was the one behind the camera all night.

Based on all the smiles, I know you can tell we had a wonderful evening. In fact, we had a wonderful long weekend, though we didn't end up as busy as we anticipated. Since my sister-in-law went into early labor and subsequently got put on bed rest for the duration of her pregnancy, we did not go to her house in Ohio the a Saturday Thanksgiving meal. That left a whole day, which we filled with a bit of shopping and workout time. We did cut our Christmas tree on Sunday, but that only took an hour (unheard of - usually it's a whole afternoon!) because we found a great place right away. AND we got a TALL tree this year, to go with the vaulted ceilings in our living room! Yesssss!

Work is going well; I'm back in the office full time, with no more traveling around 'til it's time for winter college fairs. I've been able to be productive despite working on a folding table in the main part of the old International Office. Actually, it wouldn't be bad, but the whole rep staff is stuffed into the space down there and when my coworkers are goofing off (happens pretty often), it can get pretty distracting. In a few weeks, we should all be settled back into the Admissions building in brand new offices! Another yessssss!

2 comments:

PastSelf said...

Glad to hear things are settling down for you with traveling, and that you'll be away from those f'in' Martians (as Thorny would say) again.

Yeah, and you look JUST LIKE your dad. Prettier, but just like him. :-)

Any word yet on Christa's baby?

Laurie said...

Martians...love it...I'm totally watching Super Troopers soon!

No news on the baby yet, but I talked to Christa yesterday and she was doing well, though bored with bedrest.