"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful for new little ones

As always, Thanksgiving is my time to especially recall all the things for which I'm thankful, not the least of which are our family and friends, our health and the many ways in which God provides for us.

This year, I have some extra special "thankfuls:" Tim and Anna's new baby, Caedmon James Slade, has made his grand entrance, and my sister-in-law, Christa, is expecting her son to arrive at any time. I'm preliminarily thankful for a successful birth for him, and hope to get a phone call with joyful news soon.

Today I'm not celebrating Black Friday at the stores...I couldn't even if I wanted to, because Mitch left early this morning with my car and I can't really drive his manual transmission. He is out hunting with his brother, trying to be a good provider in preparation for the winter! I'm happily puttering around our apartment, cleaning, doing laundry and putting up Christmas decorations. 'Tis the season!

No comments: