"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Good News

Yesssss!

I am being offered a new set of responsibilities at work, and while the formal promotion won't happen until summer, I'm elated!

In a nutshell, I'll be covering two positions from now 'til July: I will still be responsible for my recruitment territory, the web/portal stuff and my other communication duties. I will also be working with students from New York and maintaining the processes regarding alumni referrals, alumni contact requests and other things related to our external constituencies. I get to keep my current student intern plus another one, and we're hoping to hire another rep to shadow me and provide assistance with recruitment. This summer, I will make my formal transition from senior assistant director to associate director and will negotiate my salary increase, which will include appropriate compensation for my vehicle. I made it clear that I expect the powers that be to compensate me appropriately in return for my loyalty and performance, and they assured me they have every intention of doing so. As far as job duties go, I'll have all the alumni and external constituency stuff, probably New York recruitment (since the bulk of the effort there revolve around building an alumni base), and most of my web/portal/communication duties. This means no more extended fall travel, and that completing my MBA in just 15 months (provided I get into U of M Flint) is looking much more possible!

It's daunting - but wahoo! Such blessings...

2 comments:

PastSelf said...

Waaaaa!!!

Mad props, chica! Wow...not one, but TWO people working under you...sounds like we're building up toward an "Office Space" sort of thing...with profit-sharing, stock options, etc. etc. :-P

They BETTER compensate you for your loyalty and SkillZ!! This is so exciting--glad to hear they're finally acknowledging the awesomeness we've seen all along. :-D

Unknown said...

I'll second Tim's toast! (Okay, not a toast, but it sounded / felt like one.) I really feel like us overeducated, overenthusiastic people get looked over and taken for granted at our jobs. Way to kick butt and get noticed! : D