"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Transitions

While the sun was shining and the balmy temperatures coaxed me outside, autumn was sneaking out. I didn't notice her departure, didn't see the breeze stripping the trees of their browning leaves. In the shortening days, I was mesmerized by the warmth and the sunshine, unaware of the inevitable but unfortunate transition from glorious autumn to a limbo of waiting.

When the transition was all but complete, rain stole in on the back of cold wind. The clouds blocked the sun and cast into sharp relief the skeleton trees. Now the damp chill permeates and rather than reveling in the beauty of autumn, I'm waiting. He teased me yesterday with a few fleeting flakes, but I'm waiting for him to arrive in full. Winter. Waiting.

No comments: