"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Forgiveness

Sometimes it feels soooo good to be angry, to let others know they are being big jerks and make them apologize before you let the situation improve. It's not what God wants us to do, and it's a battle to do the right thing in his eyes. Often, I fail and pull that satisfying anger close to me. But that feeling of grim, self-righteous anger is nothing - nothing - compared to the feeling you get when you let something go that you've been holding onto. That moment when you let that anger flow out of your heart is so uplifting, but even that pales in comparison to the high you get when you have to prove that you've really forgiven someone...and you can do it!

I've experienced the "proving my forgiveness" part twice in the past week and I'm on a real high. It's so amazing when you can talk to someone who has wronged you, hurt you, and truly feel nothing but satisfaction that he or she is happy and healthy. When I think of all the pettiness I've been a part of in the past, I'm just so grateful that God has worked his way into my life and shown me the power of forgiveness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, our old pastor once wrote a sermon on how revenge can be spiritually useful under certain circumstances. I wish I could find it, because I'd like to know what he said. Regardless, wonderful entry - more people should share your sentiments.

Anonymous said...

P.S. The unattributed entry was mine. As usual.

Ryan