So this weekend, we were at Minda and Derek's helping to load the trailer, and Mitch's mom told Christa that either he or I needed to give her a grandbaby since the other kiddos will all be out in Colorado. Christa had the greatest answer ever: "Well Mom, I think you'll need to give me a monthly stipend to support a baby if you want me to have one!" As one of Minda's kids was in the middle of one of her "terrible twos" tantrums, I added that it would need to be a rather large stipend at this point. Looks like mom-in-law better start working on her other daughter-in-law, because I don't think Christa and I are going to cooperate!
Anyway, the moving went fine. The trailer is still completely full and parked at Mitch's parents' house, but Dave and Mariah (Mitch's brother and his wife) are meeting us out there this evening to unload. We could not have picked a hotter day, but no one felt like working on it after mud volleyball last night. And speaking of mud volleyball, there's a good chance that this was the last year we'll play. The novelty of rolling around in the mud finally wore off, after four years, and yesterday we were just frustrated by the fact that were not playing "real" volleyball. Carries were commonplace on the other side of the net and people magically transformed into my least favorite animal: net monkeys. It was just, well, not fun to be playing jungle ball and this year the muddy goodness could not make up for that. We're just too serious, I guess, and after the great twos games we've had lately, this was a monstrous let-down. Redeeming factor: the food was great, as always, and we got to hang out with Roberta for a bit.
I really hope this week goes by fast, because I'm excited for the Fourth. Mitch and I are playing in a beach volleyball tournament with Jon and will probably stay up there the whole weekend unless plans change. And next week is only and four-day work week...woo-hoo! And speaking of work, I suppose I better do some, or something. Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment