"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Liquid Force Diva

http://www.liquidforce.com/boards_diva.htm

My new wakeboard...ordered from Bart's yesterday, along with Liquid Force Element bindings...should be on my doorstep by Friday, just in time for a lovely weekend at Jon's where I can break it in!

I decided last weekend I wanted a new board, but rather than order it right away, my bro suggested I check out Dick's (formerly Galyan's) and see if they had what I wanted. So, in conjunction with rendez-vous-ing with Roberta to return her stuff and having dinner in Lansing with my parents, I popped up to their watersports section and found...nothing. Cock's - I mean Dick's - has such cheap crap compared to the quality merchandise Galyan's used to sell. Do you know they have the climbing wall still but don't sell climbing gear?

Kid: (After climbing wall at Dick's) Wow, that was great! Mom, I want to get into climbing!
Mom: OK! (Turns to salesman) Where can I get my child a harness and some of those fancy shoes?
Salesman: (Pimply-faced boy who knows nothing about climbing except how to belay, which he learned only five minutes before when we was transferred from the shoe department to the climbing wall) Well, (reluctantly) we don't really sell any climbing stuff. I guess you can go online or something...maybe you can just make a harness from the clothesline we sell in the camping department. It should hold him, he's pretty light...

OK, so I've never heard any conversations like that, but seriously, is it not accurate?!?!

Back to the acquisition of the wakeboard...thanks to Bobby and Nextel, I found my way to a Modern Skate and Surf, where the female wakeboarding staff was very knowledgable but unfortunately was all out of chick boards. Bummer. They tried their best to find something at another warehouse and make arrangements for me to rent, but basically they said because it was peak season, they weren't going to be able to get anything. As soon as I walked out the door, I called good old Bart's, a watersports catalogue, and checked on the availibility of the board I wanted. Yes, in stock, yes, can order, yes, will ship the next day, yes, will be there in 1-3 business days. "Contented sigh."

No comments: