"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Hair-raising!

Guys, you're not going to care much about this one. I got a haircut yesterday and once again walked away completely frustrated!

I'm not high-maintenance...you all know that. How hard is it to do the following:

1. Leave the shortest layer in the front long enough to go (and stay!) in a ponytail
2. Listen to my daily hair routine (wash and towel dry at night, wake up, either brush into ponytail or scrunch into curly mess) and give me a cut that fits in with that
3. Recommend specific products - for pete's sake, here's a girl that will buy them off your shelves without *much* hesitation!

Apparently hard. This guy came highly recommended but I didn't find him very helpful. Without asking me what I wanted done, he immediately started saying what he was going to do with my hair. When I tried to tell him about the crazy curliness that ensues during the night and my desire to take advantage of that, he ignored me and talked about the "natural wave" of my hair. When I said something about not using a blowdryer pretty much ever, he went right on doing his thing with no acknowledgement of my comment. When I asked him what products I should be using (shampoo, conditioner, something for curliness) he went into this monologue about proteins and mosturizers and not using this or that during the summer but only in the winter...dude, give me a brand! Sell me something! ARGH! He assured me this short little layer he put in the front would go back in a ponytail, and it does...but it doesn't stay! The slightest bit of physical activity and POP! I'm pushing a chunk of hair out of my eyes. I am never getting my hair cut again. That's a lie, but when I have to get it cut I think I am going to be the client from hell. Yes, I am beauty deficient. Yes, I know nothing about hair. But I know what I do with my hair, whether it is right or wrong, and the next person better darn well listen to me or I'm walking out. Seriously. This is crap.

I'm just in a foul mood today. I don't know why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laurie!

Don't feel bad for being in a foul mood - everyone gets to be in one now and then. Believe it or not, I understand your consternation with someone who refuses to cut your hair the way you know it should be cut. I'm the one who has to live with it! Don't get creative, people; just cut my freakin' hair! Yes, I know the feeling well. I'd say you're perfectly welcome to be annoyed about that for awhile. Just remember that your friends don't care how your hair looks, even if it does annoy the heck out of you. :)

I hope the rest of your day has gotten better. Take care!

Ryan