I think Mitch and I should open a restaurant and serve only ribs, like Dirty Ernie's in West Virginia. We had the Rib King himself and his lovely spouse (aka Gabe and Andrea) over for ribs last night and we devoured five pounds of ribs! We got compliments all night long. Thanks for the recipe, Mom! :)
Mitch and Gabe are probably dragging this morning as a result of packing away six bottles of Bass each over the course of the evening. They swear by the goodness of this and other high-quality beer, but after the unfortunate events that followed my first game of beer pong, I can no longer even think about trying any beer, no matter how many stars it receives from the beer snobs.
I also don't think I can ever play a real game of golf. After nine holes of putt-putt last night, Andrea and I got bored and decided to make new rules on each hole: putt left-handed; with your eyes closed; like you're playing pool; one one foot with one hand; like a hockey game with a goaltended over the hole; with the club upside-down...you get the picture. The hockey one was definitely the most violent!
It's almost the freakin' weekend, baby I'm about to have me some fun. Name that rap/R&B artist. After Mitch gets done with work on Saturday morning, we're heading down to my parents' house for more adventures on the lake and to see some old friends of mine who just got engaged and bought a house. My dad will be away doing the Chicago to Mackinac sailboat race but Mom is staying home to spend time with us. Awww! Her and Bobby will be up at the island on Sunday to pick up Dad whenever he gets in on Monday or Tuesday. I want to go to Mackinac!
OK, work calls. Actually, I have to do the calling, to a few students who had some questions. Hope they're awake...
1 comment:
Ooh! Ooh! "Ignition" (remix) by R. Kelly.
Sounds like you'll have a good weekend... and those ribs DO sound good! I forget where your parents live, but if it's in my area and you get bored, give me a call and we can hang out. :)
~CH
Post a Comment