I think I must be monstrously idealistic and naive in many instances. When I hear people I work with saying the things they "spout off" in presentations are "complete bullshit," it kind of shocks me. If you don't believe in what you are saying, why are you saying it and why are you in a job that asks you to say it?
3 comments:
That's what I've always hated about school/college politics! I heard the same info from teachers my dad worked with at Hillsdale, and at the high schools he used to teach at before.
It's sad that there are so many people who are disillusioned, and who don't really believe in the institution they're trying to sell. And Alma wonders why it's enrollment is down...
~Charlotte
"...why are you saying it and why are you in a job that asks you to say it?"
Because you've been reared to believe that the world owes you happiness, and you've become bitter and jaded when it refused to hand you everything you wanted, so you disguise your cynicism toward your own life with redirected anger toward your profession.
That's my theory, anyway. In any event, sorry you have to put up with that attitude. Alma needs more admissions reps like you!
Ryan
Ryan and Charlotte, you are both right on. I especially appreciate your take on it, Mr. Richardson...bitter and jaded people being that way because happiness wasn't handed to them on a silver platter. Hmmm, I never thought of it that way, but it makes perfect sense to me! Thanks for both your comments, my friends!
Post a Comment