"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, December 04, 2006

Snow!

I just want everyone to know that I love the snow we have right now! I love that's it's so cold in the morning, I don't want to get out of bed and Mitch has to start my car early for me. I love that I have motivation to do something other than put my hair in a ponytail: winter hats look much cuter with my hair down! I love that I can't wear my heels into work; instead, I have to wear my trail shoes, negotiate the slippery parking lot, and then change my shoes.

Did I mention I love winter? And Christmas? In the next few weeks, I'll do some of my favorite things of the whole year, like setting up my real Christmas tree, baking Christmas cookies, and wrapping gifts for my family and friends. I'll listen to Nat King Cole croon Christmas carols, and reminisce about past performances while the Nutcracker plays in the background. And I'll soak up the holiday cheer every chance I get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In a conversation with Tim the other day, I mentioned that we had just suffered through our first winter snowstorm, and he said, "Yeah, Laurie seemed pleased about it." I replied, "Those of us who don't ski were not."

Anonymous said...

P.S. Above comment made by Ryan, who does not ski.

Anonymous said...

I was just watching a Nutcracker tape from 2000... it was so much fun, especially since I was never able to watch it from the audience!

Oh, and I liked your prayer post, too--plus it's a good reminder for you! : ) If you could throw in one for Glen and his faith, I would appreciate it...