"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Weekend

I sort of feel like last weekend began on Thursday, and I've never had an Easter weekend like this one! Bruce came up on Thursday evening and we went bowling with him, Matt, Gabe, Ray and Kristy. He stayed the night and I only worked a half a day on Good Friday, so we hung out for the afternoon, driving around Mt. P in search of lunch, books and doughnuts. Bruce stayed again Friday night, and Matt, Becky, Gabe, Andrea, Kristy and Ray all came over for an evening of fun. Nothing like an impromptu party at our apartment! On Saturday, Mitch worked while I did chores around the house and then we went shopping in Lansing; Mitch needed new dress pants and I've never seen a man take so long to find clothes! No, the case is actually that his thighs are too big for his waist, so pants that fit in the waist are too tight across the front ("They look weird around your crotch," I kept saying outside the dressing room.) When we finally got home, we popped in "The Pursuit of Happyness," which was kind of disappointing but a decent movie anyway. And of course, Sunday was Easter and we spent the morning at church and the afternoon at the in-laws'.

A cool idea: the Student Ministry Coordinators at Alma organized a prayer vigil that lasted from 7 am on Good Friday 'til 7 am on Easter Sunday. The goal was to have someone from Alma praying at all times, possibly in the Chapel but not necessarily. I participated on Saturday morning and found it powerful to spend the first half-hour of my day reading the Bible, meditating on the meaning of the Resurrection and praying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grant and I watched that movie last night at our friends' house. We also thought it was disappointing. We had fun identifying all the places in SF that we had been too. (like Glide Memorial Church and Chrissy Field by the GG Bridge). When are you two coming out west?

Robin