I just want to scrap this whole stupid house thing. For the second time, we've been ready to purchase something, ready to move quickly, and it has fallen through. The first was a house and the second, and even more disappointing, was a piece of land in the perfect location. I want to be angry with our realtor about the land, because it wasn't included in the set of properties he sent us a month ago, but I know it was an honest mistake. Still, if we had seen it earlier, maybe we would have been able to make an offer before the current potential buyer got in there....
I'm so tired of getting my hopes up about this. I don't even want to deal with this anymore. I want to say that unless it falls into my lap, I'm completely done, but that's a lie and a poor attitude. I'm just feeling sorry for myself at this point, but I need to vent so I don't cry frustrated tears (too much, anyway).
If I were reading this blog, I would leave a comment that God has his plans and will carry them out in time; that we should just keep on looking and what's meant to be will be. Yeah yeah yeah, I know all that, it's just hard to focus on that right now.
3 comments:
Laurie, my girl...
you pre-emptively used my good, solid, conciliatory post from the Christian perspective. How'm I supposed to express sympathy now? Grrrr....
The thing is, KNOWING what God's said He'll do for us and FEELING it have always been two separate things for me, and I'm far better at the former than the latter -- so I DO feel your pain, even if not in this particular instance.
If I can throw out another cliché that you didn't expressly cover already...
right thing @ wrong time = wrong thing.
Who knows, maybe God's trying to keep your options open for a whirlwind move about 900 miles south to the most beautiful state in the union! ;-)
We'll be praying for you (all three of us!).
Love,
T
I know exactly how you feel in terms of frustration--my remedy is usually to give into it, let it all out, and have a good cry. Once it's out of your system you'll feel much better, I promise. : )
~CH
Or 2000 miles west for that matter. CA may not be the most beautiful state in the nation, but its borders are breath taking! (mountains and ocean-- you gotta love 'em!)
Seriously, do you really want to be in Mt. Pleasant, MI forever? Or be stuck to a mortgage?
You have hecka time, explore the world! Don't settle to soon and suffer regret later.
Post a Comment