"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
I'm OK with that.
I get the impression that many of my coworkers think I'm naive because I've stopped participating in their complain-a-thons. They seem to think I must not know what's going on because I refuse to be in a constant state of agitation. The truth? There are so many positive things taking place around campus, both tangible and intangible, that while there are still areas for improvement, I'm OK focusing on the progress we are making. I'm also trying to be reasonable in my expectations: if something isn't going to happen now, or can't happen the way I envision it, I'm not going to sit around and squawk about it. Finally, I'm just too busy. Period. I feel like enough of my time is wasted in formal meetings, without adding additional time for these informal whine-fests.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment