"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, April 02, 2007

Hint taken!

I got the hint, Court! :) I'll even copy your entry style:

WORK: Same old, same old. It's busy and high-pressure but also fun. I've put in a lot of extra hours lately but I'm hoping to tone it down a bit this week.

HOUSE-HUNTING: Oh, the drama! About a week ago we set our hearts on the very first house at which we looked and planned to make an offer, but then the family took it off the market. The property search for building our own house hasn't produced much, so while we're still planning to meet with a builder on Wednesday, we are also going out to look at a few more existing homes this evening. I'm tired of trying to make things happen and am trying to be content just letting them work themselves out. God has this thing under control.

WEEKEND: As of last Friday, Bruce is back in Michigan and done with the Marines. To celebrate, Mitch and I went down to Jon's on Saturday (where Bruce is living) for all sorts of fun. It was a pretty low-key night: BBQ, ping-pong, bowling, movies, shopping and of course, a nice big breakfast. We pretty much have the best friends in the world.

EASTER PLANS: For the first time since we missed Easter entirely to climb in Kentucky many years ago, I'm not spending Easter with my family. Mitch and I want to go to service at our church and see his family, so we're skipping the annual pancake breakfast downtown and doing our thing up in Mt. Pleasant/Carson City. I'm really looking forward to it, though I will miss seeing my grandparents.

ON THE HORIZON: I really have to suck it up and start riding my bike on the roads more, because we're signing up for a 50-mile ride from Boyne City to Mackinaw. Actually, Miriam and I (and possibly Bruce) are only going to do the second half of the ride so we have the energy to play at Mackinac Island once we get done. Mitch, Bobby, Dad and Jon are planning to ride the whole thing. It's really cool...go here to see what we're in for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm tired of trying to make things happen and am trying to be content just letting them work themselves out. God has this thing under control.

I know exactly how you feel! I want God to work things out with Glen & my living situations RIGHT NOW, so we can live closer together. I just have to remember to be patient. : )

~CH