"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree...

I am happy to report that our Christmas tree is up and glorious like never before! I'll post a photo when I get home tonight, but let me tell you, vaulted ceilings open up a whole new world for Christmas trees! Our tree is a beautiful nine feet tall and finally, a focal point rather than an afterthought stuffed in a corner of the dining room.

Knowing how much I love Christmas trees, my ever-wonderful husband has the lights set to turn on when I come out for breakfast in the morning, turn off when we leave for work, and be on again by the time I walk in the door. Now if he could just make it automatically water itself...no, I love taking care of it! Chip thoroughly enjoys it, too; I call him my Christmas cat because he is always curled up on the tree skirt.

In other holiday-related news, I've almost completed the Christmas shopping. Let me tell you, I love buying gifts for my family and friends! I think I would do it all year round if I wouldn't go broke. (Instead, I compensate by incessantly feeding people - who wants to come over for dinner?!?!?) I've been able to completely spoil Mitch, too, but I'll refrain from posting too much about that because he reads this! (Mitch, if you're looking for a hint, you won't find it on this blog!)

And finally, there's one Christmas activity left besides the actual celebrations: cooking baking! This year, Lizzie (Bruce's girlfriend) and I are taking a whole day to bake together at my apartment. So far, we are planning jam pockets, black forest cookies, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies and maybe Snickerdoodles. Again with the feeding...I'm really going to need help eating all of them or the pounds the bike trainer is taking off are going to come back in full force!

No comments: