We rode Fort Custer today, in preparation for our race next Sunday. Holy cow - I think it would be an awesome trail if I were in better shape. There are only two really big hills and the rest is pretty fast with both curvy and long, straight sections. I bet I'll end up liking it, just like I enjoy Hanson Hills in Grayling despite some wicked climbs.
So here's the training idea for the week: Hit the rec Monday and Tuesday for good core, leg and shoulder workouts. Skip work on Wednesday and ride Brighton Rec for the hill workout. Hit the rec again on Thursday and maybe ride the trainer at home (the weather's not supposed to be nice enough for a road ride). Take Friday off, then ride an easy loop at the Fort on Saturday. Get ass kicked on Sunday.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment