"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Friday, April 04, 2008

New Pet Peeve

When you stand behind a table for three hours and speak to very few students, you do a lot of people watching. As my feet were killing me from my new heels (had to buy 'em - the old ones broke), I found myself focused on people's feet as they meandered by, and thus developed an intense irritation to the shuffling sound people make when they refuse to PICK UP THEIR FEET as they walk.

I'll give the flip-flop wearers a little break, but the biggest culprits: Ugg boot-wearers. Shuffle-shuffle-shuffle, I'm too lazy to walk like a proper person. I bet they wear through a lot of shoes.

And with that, I think I'm going to find a mall and do some browsing to kill the rest of the day. Wish me luck!

No comments: