"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Sunday, April 20, 2008

It felt so good!

There's nothing like getting back on the trail after a long winter! I rode at Island Lake Thursday (not a good ride - female pains), Friday (7 miles, a great ride!) and Saturday (9 miles, another great ride). Let the season begin!

Mitch also competed in his first race. Our circuit is the Michigan Mountain Bike Association's Championship Point Series, and this time trial at Yankee Springs was the first of the season. He raced in the Beginner Men's class and got second place! Had he raced in the next class up, we would have been at the upper middle of the pack, by our estimations.

Next up: MMBA CPS race at Fort Custer in two weeks. With our busy schedules, we're hoping to find a time to pre-ride the course earlier than just the day before, like Mitch did this time. And I need to do some serious riding if I want to be in any sort of shape!

No comments: