"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Autumn Riding

I love cruising down singletrack so obscured by leaves that I have to pick my line by a combination of instinct and memory. I love the sound those leaves make under my tires, or when they get caught in my wheels and hum along with me. I love when the arc of a curve is just right and a leaf flies up, pressing itself to my shin and hitching a ride until another turn throws it off. I love the scent of autumn, the sweet sharpness, and the cool air drying my face.

(I do not love realizing Mitch's efforts to give me better components resulted in a bit of ghost-shifting on climbs...but I love that he wants to give me the best bike possible.)

1 comment:

Jake said...

Fall riding has got to be one of the best times of the year. Have you tried night riding yet on the trails? That changes everything. Thanks for the comments on my blog. I am not sure about the whole race team for next year. I have something in the works, but I will limit it a lot more next year if all works out. I will let you guys know if your interested though.