Yup, I'm on one of my few recruiting trips, now that I've been relieved of a major territory. It's been fine so far: met with a few students, got treated to dinner at Delmonico's by a very nice family and fly back home in a few days. I miss Mitch and I miss my bike but I was motivated enough to do an abbreviated strength training workout in my hotel room. I am also working up the motivation to finish outlining my current Communication reading assignment...Finance will wait until another day.
Tomorrow night, I'll be plopped down on a hotel bed, watching the debate. I have to do a paper on the candidates' communication styles, but I'd be watching even if I didn't have a grade resting on it. But I'll tell ya' I want to see some passion. Cut the B.S., boys: why are you right and why is he wrong? Call each other out, and you get extra points from me if you use the word "lunacy," especially if one of you brings up having bankruptcy courts reduce mortgage principals for homeowners in foreclosure. Admit that the federal government probably can't do crap for the economy right now and then cut our taxes so we can all get this country running again. (OK, I know it's not that simple, but guess what? I'd buy a house and do my part to help the housing market if I could put more cash in my savings account!)
Hey-yo McCain: break out some data on medical malpractice suits and give us an estimate of how much health care costs would decrease if you capped them! Palin, I like you, but quit telling me you can relate to me and just say things that show that. And for heaven's sake, WHY did you give up on Michigan? We've been run by a Democrat and we've been in trouble longer than the rest of the country: can't you do something with that? Many folks here support you (though we'd rather have had Romney) and we're going to vote for you, but you haven't given this conservative much to believe in.
No comments:
Post a Comment