...who both tagged me to share six things others may not know about me.
1. I get super nostalgic over old toys. Just typing that gives me the overwhelming urge to dig my old toys out my parents' basement and attic. I'd go right for the My Little Ponies, followed closely by Rainbow Brite. I had a lot of Barbies, but they don't hit me the same.
2. Mitch and I have a very full bed. In addition to the two of us, we share space with my favorite stuffed animal, Teeny the money; a stuffed bear; and our cat, Chip. Why the two stuffed animals? Well, I can't shake the childish idea that animals have feelings. Teeny, as worn as he is, would be devastated to be relegated to a bookshelf (think The Velveteen Rabbit). Mitch made the mistake of joking about Bear's feelings one day, and now we have another bed companion. And Chip just does whatever he wants, but I like the feeling of him curled up next to me.
3. I took dance lessons from age three through my freshman year of college. I have all my dance recital costumes, including my first pair of pointe shoes. I was in Brighton City Ballet's production of The Nutcracker three times, but loved the recitals at my studio best. Recently, my two favorite dance instructors found me on Facebook and I was thrilled.
4. In high school, I thought my best friend and I should move to British Columbia and work at Whistler for a few years. Ski all day, party all night...now she works as a physical therapist at Beaver Creek and Vail during the winter, but she's married so I don't think she does the kind of partying we imagined! I can't wait to visit her.
5. I am often beautifully naive by choice. And I like it that way.
6. I didn't like country music growing up. We listened to classic rock a lot at home, then did the typical "whatever's cool" thing in high school. When Mitch and I moved to Cadillac, we got hooked on The Bear, an awesome classic rock station, and completely shunned "Top Forty" stuff. When we moved to Mt. Pleasant, the lack of classic rock and our distaste for pop led us to the country radio stations. Now I'm hooked!
So, tags: Charlotte, Ryan, Marc and Robin should do this. Tim should just give us a blog entry, period. How long's it been...June?!?! :)
2 comments:
Hey! Got one comin' up for ya, just as soon as the CeeJ goes down for his second nap today. Believe me, I've been *fully* aware of how neglectful I've been. Habits are terrible things, aren't they? (Especially if they're of the lethargic variety)
Ooh, my second tag of the week! I need to get on this : )
Post a Comment