"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Grad School Status

I definitely neglected to update about this because I was so caught up in the loveliness of Christmas, but I am now in the second term of my MBA program. Final grades were good last term, so I'd like to keep the streak alive. However, this term I have Applied Quantitative Analysis (stats) and Organizational Behavior. O.B. is similar to my communication class last term: read chapters, participate in discussion board and write papers. The biggest differences are that the emphasis is more on the papers (including some interesting self-assessments) than on the discussion board; and my instructor is not a complete twit, as was the case in communication. Suffice to say, this class is not all that hard.

Stats is another story. Like last term's finance class, I have to teach myself "numbers stuff," which is challenging. But I only have to take exams every few weeks instead of every week, which means remembering more material for each exam. In fact, if you've seen my Facebook status over the past few days, you've probably noticed that most of my life is currently revolving around my stats book. An exam is imminent!

Oh, the dryer is done! Must get duvet cover out quickly and iron it before it wrinkles terribly! Darn you and your persnickity fabric, Calvin Klein!

No comments: