"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, January 05, 2009

Returning to Reality

Having such a nice break for the holidays sure was nice, but it's strangely nice to get back to work and have some more routine. I learned that, if I were to ever work from home, I would have to be very disciplined and stick to schedules. I thought I'd be much more productive between Christmas and New Year's, but I really just finished some good books. OK, that's not strictly true: I did a bit of homework, housework, reorganizing and training. Two workouts on the trainer, to be exact. It's nothing like Andrea's level of commitment (You rock!) but it's better than last year at this time.

Now that I'm back to work, life looks like this: no lunch break, just training (MWF) or studying (TTh); after work, more studying and at least two trainer rides a week (three, ideally); some time for Bible study (the goal is to not have to cram the day before small group anymore!); and regular efforts to keep the apartment neat and tidy. Oh, and Mitch is starting a class at LCC this term! He wants to earn an engineering degree (this is a long-term goal) but has to start with some math and science basics, since he did business at Alma. I'm helping him navigate requirements and processes, since it's kinda what I do all day, anyway. As I told a friend, this means we will be even more boring than before!

And with that, it's time to go home. Stats test tonight...wish me luck!

1 comment:

PastSelf said...

Luck! In other news, my verification word:

"apend" -- not to be confused with append (to add sthing as a supplement to sthing else), this is what you see when a baboon runs away from you.

Usage:

"Holy mackerel! I've never seen an apend that red before! I wonder what he did to earn such a spanking from his old man?"

:-)