"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Three Fun Things I Did This Weekend

1. Spent quite a few lazy hours reading in my parents' living room, with a roaring fire and my favorite man.

2. Went on a short, snowy hike at Island Lake with Mitch, Mom, Dad, Bobby and Roxi the Amazing Trail Dog.

3. Stuffed myself with potato pancakes - a childhood favorite - for my almost-birthday dinner.

2 comments:

PastSelf said...

What manner of beast is Roxi the Amazing Trail Dog? I'm missing Kala tons, gotta start thinking ahead to the doggie I'll be getting when I get back from Cairo. I'm all about the Amazing Trail Dog variety...

Laurie said...

Roxi is a black lab. I call her the Amazing Trail Dog because my folks were actually able to let her off her leash to run through the woods. When she got out of sight, they could call her and she'd come bounding back immediately. My mom has done a ton of training with her!

I hope you get a new dog when you return from Cairo. They're such great companions for a family!