Actually, Mitch got a doe this weekend, not a buck, but "doe" would have eliminated the alliteration in my blog title. Maybe the buck will come next weekend.
Mitch got his deer on Sunday evening and I went out with his dad to pick it up. I don't really think I could kill anything like that. And I wouldn't want Mitch to, either, if we weren't going to eat it. When he didn't get one Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning, I told his mom it was a good thing we didn't have to rely on Mitch's hunting to put food on the table...otherwise, we'd probably have to go live with Dave and Mariah (he's gotten a few deer between bow and rifle season) since Dave apparently knows how to hunt. Haha, now we'll have food for the winter. :)
While Mitch was out toting his gun around, I took my first-ever trip to Bronner's, the world's largest CHRISTmas store. It was overwhelming - if I hadn't gone in there with somewhat of a mission, I would've been lost. As it turns out, I bought ornaments for Jillian and Chelsey's wedding gift, some glass icicles for our tree and some fun lights to break up all the white lights we have for our tree. Being there definitely made me even more excited for Christmas, if that's even possible. My grandma is giving me one of her Christmas villages to put up and I have some beautiful nativity scenes to put up. The Precious Moments one is my favorite because my mom has one and Bobby and I used to set it up together every year. We'd even alternate who got to set up Baby Jesus every year.
One thing for which I am thankful: a short work week! The group visit on Saturday ended up going fine and I got to air my frustrations with Deedee this morning. She didn't know the crazy one was probably applying for the director's position, but I got a little inside info from another coworker and I noticed Crazy is not on the search committee though she was initially listed. Deedee quickly pointed out that after oneof our other reps leaves in early December, she will have the most seniority of any rep, other than the co-directors. She'll be pretty vocal during the search process, she assured me.
Well, it's now late enough for me to call Mitch's orthopedic surgeon and get a pre-authorization for his MRI, which is scheduled for Friday at 6:40 am in Royal Oak. That's going to be an early morning!
1 comment:
Hi Laurie! I just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm thinking about you! Have a great, "short" work week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I am very thankful for you and your friendship!!
Love, Jenn
Post a Comment