"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Not the winner

Last night Mitch, Gabe and I stopped at a gas station and bought two Lotto tickets for the big game. We were a riot in the store - none of us had ever bought Lotto tickets before, so we didn't know how to do it. But we figured it out and I made a deal with Gabe: I would buy him a ticket, but if he won we had to split the winnings. Let me tell you, we had lots of fun on the way home talking about what we'd do with that much money - something to the tune of $315 million. There was a lot of house-building going on in our imaginations (for ourselves and our parents) along with lots of fun trips for family and friends and some charity work, too.

But we didn't win. Alas, the Access Fund will have to convince the new winners to donate big, since we can't.

No comments: