"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

It's official

I'm truly, truly done with travel season now. Yesterday I took my final high school recruiting trip, driving to Elk Rapids and then to Gaylord. I finished up my day with a trip to Alma's Hallmark store, which is closing. While talking to the owner, I learned fifteen Hallmark stores in Michigan are going out of business at this very moment because Hallmark brand merchandise is now sold in stores like the ever-evil Wal-Mart. Hallmark stores are always run by independent owners - usually sweet women in a local community - who can't make any money when customers can go elsewhere and get Hallmark products for cheaper. It makes me sad, because my mom and I have always gotten certain items at Hallmark stores and soon there won't be any left to visit. But I did find good deals on a frame for another wedding photo I just ordered, a small album to give Mitch's grandpa for Christmas, holiday wrapping paper and maybe a little gift for someone special. :)

The weekend was wonderful, as usual. Mitch and Gabe went golfing on Saturday while I hit up the Midland mall for some new khaki pants (I shrunk mine while doing laundry last week) and a bit of Christmas shopping. Victoria's Secret may be a little weird right now - they're using a little pink dog as a marketing tool - but there are still some very pretty things there! On Sunday we went to the Mt. Pleasant Commnunity Church. We hope to begin regular attendance so we can learn more about the church and hopefully, finally, find a real church home. Then we took Gabe out to Mitch's parents' house where we cleared Mitch's shooting lanes in preparation for hunting season. It was a pretty relaxing Sunday...just what I needed to gear up for the week. Not that this week is going to be very tough: Mitch and I both have Friday off! Yay for bank holidays like Veteran's Day and for the crazy amount of vacation days I receive!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the same thing about VS last summer... lots of hot pink, aqua, bright yellow... really weird combinations. : P

Anonymous said...

By the way, that was from Charlotte. Oops.

PastSelf said...

Yeah, I found that too...no more fun stuff for Anna!

...oh, wait...I'd have to take out a loan to afford anything from there anyway.

Oh, AND she doesn't even like walking by the store, much less getting things from it. Ne'ermind.