We played much better last night, though the game wasn't much of a challenge. The other team got away with a lot of carries just because we wanted to actually volley. Still, the games were closer than they should have been, because we made quite a few mistakes on our side of the net. Overall, though, I'd give us a silver star for improvement. Afterwards, we played a pick-up game: me, Sam and Pete vs. Mitch, Gabe and a new gal named Christina who is very good. Mitch took a monster spill...he went up for a hit and somehow his foot slipped out from underneath him and he landed flat on his back. Actually, he said his shoulder hit and then his butt, but he was smart enough not to try to catch himself with his hands and to tuck his head so he didn't crack that on the floor. Thank goodness for quick reflexes!
I work news, I just got back from a long meeting about church relations. I'm excited to be working on this new project and I'm also excited that I'm now going to be in charge of keeping the admissions page on the website updated. Yay!
And it's SNOWING! I'm sure the roads won't be as bad as last year, when everyone from up in the Alma area missed our wedding rehearsal because they were stuck in traffic, so I'll just give thanks for snow and pray for safe travels for all my family and friends.
Yes, we're coming up on the one-year mark! I can't believe we've already been married a year. It's been the best year of my life - at times it's been one of the most challenging but it was Mitch who brought me through tough times and I'm so very, very thankful for my Favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment