"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Clouds

I think I'm starting to understand seasonal depression a bit. Why won't the sun come out? On the bright side, though, it's supposed to snow this week. Looks like skiing on Friday won't be a total bust!

Mitch and Johnny (his cousin) fixed the car last night. It was a loose connection, caused by all the shaking Mitch's car has been doing since he improperly rotated his steel belted radial tires (thanks to incorrect directions, just to redeem him). Johnny didn't charge us anything, but he's getting a big gift card to Applebee's!

It's experimental dinner night again...this time I'm making barbecued venison in the crock pot. I followed the recipe exactly, so let's hope this stuff comes out.

Becky and I got together to work on scrapbooks Monday. (1) It was great to not be doing that all alone and (2) it was awesome to actually spend time with a female friend. I spend so much time with guys (and it's wonderful, boys) that I sometimes feel starved for female company.

Garth Brooks has been rocking my world since Mitch got the box set. I bet I've listened to it more than my hubby!

That's all from the desk of Laurie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your car got fixed--I know how irritating that can be, whether the problem is large or small.

Enjoy your time skiing!!

~CH

PastSelf said...

Laurethie --

I didn't get to hear the NY Eve message yet, mostly because while my phone was on the fritz I pretty much forgot that voice mail was accessible. I have a new one now, but I think I'll save the message until I'm having a crappy day and want to be cheered up :-)

Glad to hear you're getting enough girl time!