"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Wal-Mart stole my stars.

We've been spending the weekend at my parents' house and it's been great, as always. The sad part about coming down here is all the development in what used to be a relatively rural (read: horse capital of Michigan, not so long ago) area. Nowhere is the cost of development more apparent to me than in the fact that, on a clear night, I can no longer stargaze from my backyard. With the invasion of Wal-Mart about a mile and a half away came another car dealership, a Lowe's and a strip mall. Light pollution at its finest, my friends.

And what's with the weather? Just when I think Jack Frost is back from his many vacations, he heads back to Florida or wherever, leaving us to deal with Mother Nature's overeager desire for spring. You're ruining my winter, jerks! The edges on my skis are going to still be sharp and I'm not even going to have to wax in preparation for next winter with the amount I've gotten to ski. Geez.

No comments: